Keeping your teeth for the rest of your life with minimal intervention is a great acclomplishment. Having regular check ups minimizes your risk of developing; tooth decay, periodontal disease (Gum Disease) and works toward maintaining your natural teeth for life!
Mastering the art of good dental hygiene is a fundamental component of preventative dental care. Preventative care is beneficial to patients of all ages and should begin as early as possible. It is essential that all members of your family are educated in the techniques required to attain good dental health. It is never too late or too early in life to begin learning and performing good dental hygiene processes.
Routine dental check-ups combined with day to day oral hygiene techniques will help prevent the need for oral restorations and keep your teeth healthy and vibrant. We recommend visiting us every six months for a thorough examination and clean. Other steps which can be taken to increase the health of your teeth and gums include:
- Use a soft toothbrush with rounded bristles
- Replace your toothbrush every three to four months
- Brush twice daily
- Use toothpaste with added fluoride
- Floss once daily
- Visit us on a routine basis
- Attend periodontal check-ups
- Have oral cancer screenings
- Avoid tobacco products
- Avoid excessive alcohol use
- Avoid sugary foods and soft drinks