Keeping your teeth for the rest of your life with minimal intervention is extremely important. Preventive Dentistry aims to reduce the required dental restorations in your lifetime - minimising your risk of developing tooth decay and Gum Disease.
Preventive Dentistry is beneficial to patients of all ages and should begin as early as possible. It is essential that all members of your family are educated in the techniques required to attain good dental health. It is never too late or too early in life to begin caring for your teeth.
Mastering the art of good dental hygiene is a fundamental component of Preventive Dentistry care. Speak with our Dental Hygienist during your next visit for the best ways to brush and floss your teeth.
Our top tips for a healthy smile are;
- Use a soft toothbrush with soft rounded bristles
- Replace your toothbrush every three to four months
- Change your toothbrush after an illness
- Brush twice daily
- Use toothpaste with fluoride
- Floss once daily
- Visit us on a routine basis
- Attend Periodontal check-ups
- Have oral cancer screenings
- Avoid tobacco products & excessive alcohol consumption